We have quietly introduced an exciting new feature for users to have their ecard delivered by facebook. This means that you post your card directly onto your friends timeline or wall. The ecard will actually play on their wall on the facebook page. The great thing about this is that:
- You initiate a social celebration, previously when a friend has a birthday you see a stream of “happy Birthday” messages. This new type of ecard gives the croud of well wishers a focal point to rally round.
- All the sender and recipients friends will see the ecard posted to their friends wall and they can like or comment on it.
- The card is guaranteed to get to the intended recipient. Spam filers are more aggressive these days and we see some of our notification emails being sent to the junk folder. By posting the card directly to facebook they will definitely receive it.
- Its very easy to use – we don’t ask for inappropriate permissions when you facebook connect with us.
- Its still a free ecard!
To get started all you have to do is:
- Just pick the card you want and then choose the send by facebook option.
- You then need to facebook connect. This is not as scary as it sounds all you have to do is click the connect button and then log in as you normally would into facebook.
- Then you click accept to allow the connection between our system and ours.
- Our snazzy new system pulls your friends pictures and you just click on the person(s) you want to send the card to and click accept.
That’s it – your ecard will be sent. Sit back and watch all your friends enjoy the social celebration!